Tuesday, March 27, 2012

EASTER is approaching. Peace on earth? We wish!

Let us start with people,- especially the politicians. The u-tube video below is hilarious, but it is factual: real politicians acting in the most unpolitical way!


The ABC 'Q&A' program on Monday 26/3/2012 in Australia had quite a slinging match between the opposing politicians on the panel. They were told off by the audience.

In general, in response to a question from the floor re why the standard of debate in Parliament is so low when it should be a role model for the public instead of  being so confrontational,-the politicians tried to explain that it is not personal,- they are mates outside the Chamber and go to have a beer together! But they do love to argue and are passionate in what they believe.

There is a difference between having a good argument about an issue and becoming personally abusive.This is how unfortunately, many domestic violence cases start: the domestic argument degenerates into personal verbal abuse,- and sometimes physical!

Just like those politicians in the video.

I have experienced recently a case of road-rage. Having narrowly avoided a minor car collision, the other driver stopped his car in front of me in the middle of a busy road. The car was slightly old, but the male driver, a big burly man, was dressed in a white shirt and dark pants,- quite presentable about 45-50years old. When he got out of the car, I could see the saliva dripping from his mouth like a mad dog and he started to shout at me while still a distance from my car!

I sat quietly and stared at him through my dark sun-glasses. He continued calling me all sorts of names while still salivating,- never mind that he was the one trying to overtake me on the wrong side!I was totally unmoved by him and his anger,- all I could think of was that he is in line for a heart attack or stroke,- plus I would hate to be his mother or wife or any female in his family. I am convinced that that personality would be a domestic violence perpetrator!

Perhaps the politicians should explain before each argument:"it is not personal, but............." to teach our younger folk how to argue and debate rather than 'fight'!

HAPPY EASTER AND HAPPY PASSOVER!

MAY WE ALL PRAY FOR PEACE ON EARTH, BUT LET US START RIGHT HERE AT HOME, IN OUR STREETS AND WHEREVER WE ARE.

No comments:

Post a Comment